EXCEL BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE (BI)
The best source of Excel TrainingA hands-on one-day course with free pre-course online skills testing
Full details of modules and topics covered in this one-day course
This course covers 2010, 2013, 2016 and Office 365 versions
This is a one-day training course structured into 5 modules
Do you need to pull out relevant information from large data sets? This is what our Excel BI Reporting and Charting course is designed to help you with: to show you a range of techniques that will assist you to get at the information you are interested in, quickly. We start by looking at how to get data into Excel from a number of different sources, then explore the best ways to display and manipulate that data to give you a professional result. We also use a range of advanced functions and sheet controls and explore a number of advanced chart types.
This intensive hands-on one-day course is aimed at existing users of Microsoft Excel who want to use the more advanced data manipulation and display features in order to produce professional and interactive reports and charts. Delegates should have a very good existing knowledge of Excel and ideally would have attended, or have knowledge of the concepts covered in the Excel Introduction and Intermediate courses.
- Importing Data from a text file
- Importing Data from an XML file
- Linking to an External Data Source
- Using Microsoft Query to Control Linked Data
- Modify and Update Connections
- Creating Basic Pivot Tables
- Grouping Pivot Data
- Calculated Fields in Pivot Tables
- Filtering Pivot Data
- Changing the Pivot Table Display Methods
- Using the GetPivotData Function
- Using the Index Function
- Using the Match Function
- Using Index and Match Together
- Using the Choose Function
- Using the Frequency Function
- Using Form Controls
- Record and Run Simple Macros
- Assign Macros to Form Controls
- Creating Combination Charts
- Displaying a Secondary Axis
- Modifying Axis Options
- Display Data Trends
- Charting an Acceptable Range
- Charting Targets
Don't see a date you want?
[Duration: one day]
- Introduction to Dashboards
- Inserting Graphics for a Dashboard
- Specialist Functions and Formulas
- Dashboard Navigation
- Preparing your Workbook's Layout and Structure
- Using Excel Objects for Specialist Dashboard Views
- Using Macros and VBA with Dashboards
[Duration: one day]
- Working with Functions and Formulas
- Outlining, Grouping and Sub Totals
- Protecting Your Spreadsheet
- Presenting Data with Charts
- Formatting Financial Data
- Data Tools: Managing Your Data
- Formula Auditing
- LOOKUP Functions
DELEGATE FEEDBACK FOR OUR
MICROSOFT EXCEL BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE (BI) - REPORTING AND CHARTING COURSE
AVERAGE REVIEW: 4.6 out of 5 BASED ON 21 REVIEWS
All Activia excel training has been created, reviewed and developed to ensure up to date provision and constantly improving standards of content. Our Microsoft Excel training is interactive and classroom-based which maximises learning through the ability to ask questions and discuss specific issues.
Maximum class size for Microsoft Excel courses is 8 delegates, which ensures that attendees get adequate time for personal attention from the instructor. At some of our centres, the maximum class size is 6 delegates.
Note that we never cancel our scheduled classes -- even if there are only one or two delegates -- so once you have booked, your place is assured.
For training at your offices, we can deliver classes of up to 10 delegates, though with bigger class sizes you must understand that there is less time for questions from delegates, and this may affect the quality of their experience.
Note: With non-credit card bookings you must sign and return a Booking Form before we can confirm your training.
Also note: If you are a private individual you must pay by credit card at the time of booking.
Note: Please allow 1 - 2 working days for your confirmation and invoice.
If you are coming to our centre, dress code is smart casual. Refreshments in the form of tea/coffee will be provided for morning and afternoon breaks, but please note that we do not provide lunch. The timetable is as follows:
Note: break times can vary according to the needs of the training, and course duration for smaller class sizes are usually shorter because fewer delegates have fewer questions !
For training at your offices, this itinerary can be varied by prior arrangement.
With every Microsoft Excel training course with Activia, you get a free workbook as well as downloadable exercises, which match the course content exactly, so you can review and revise afterwards to reinforce your knowledge.
Every delegate on a Microsoft Excel course also gets an Activia Training Attendance Certificate.