ORACLE PL/SQL ADVANCED
The best solution for Advanced Oracle Foundation CoursesA hands-on three-day course with free pre-course online skills testing
Full details of modules and topics covered in this three-day course
This is a three-day training course structured into 11 modules
By the end of this Oracle Advanced PL/SQL course, delegates will be able to effectively tune PL/SQL code; create subtypes; create and use collections; execute external C programs and Java programs from PL/SQL; use fine-grained access control; use LOB data types and the DBMS_LOB package; use SecureFile LOBs; effectively design cursors; improve memory usage with PL/SQL result caching and SQL result sets and apply coding standards to avoid SQL injection attacks.
This course is designed for Oracle database administrators and software development personnel who need to gain practical experience of the advanced features of PL/SQL such as program design, packages, cursors, large objects and collections.
NOTE: Practical experience of Oracle SQL or SQL Developer and a good working knowledge of the fundamentals of the PL/SQL programming language are required.
This Oracle Advanced PL/SQL course is suitable for delegates intending to sit the Oracle examination #1Z0-146: Oracle Database 11g: Advanced PL/SQL.
Exams are not included as part of the course.
Before taking any exam, ensure you have the recommended experience. The Oracle website lists all exam requirements and these are updated regularly.
FOLLOW ON COURSES
- Oracle 10g SQL Performance Tuning
- Oracle 11g SQL Performance Tuning
- Oracle Database 10g DBA - Part I
- Oracle Database 11g Release 2 DBA - Part I
- Oracle Predefined Data Types
- Create Subtypes Based on Existing Types for an Application
- Guidelines for Cursor Design
- Use Cursor Variables
- Pass Cursor Variables as Program Parameters
- Compare Cursor Variables to Static Cursors
- Overview of Collections
- Associative Arrays
- Nested Tables
- Create PL/SQL Programs that use Collections
- Use Collections Effectively
- The Benefits of External Routines
- External Routine Components
- Call an OS Supplied DLL
- Call Java from PL/SQL
- Call C from PL/SQL
- Call Java from PL/SQL
- Overview of Fine-Grained Access Control
- The Features of Fine-Grained Access Control
- Overview of an Application Context
- Create an Application Context
- Set an Application Context
- Describe the Package DBMS_RLS
- Implement a Policy
- Query the Data Dictionary for Fine-Grained Access Control
- Overview of a LOB Object
- Manage Internal LOBs
- Character Large Objects
- Binary Large Objects
- External Large Objects - BFILEs
- Create and Use the DIRECTORY Object to Access and Use BFILEs
- The DBMS_LOB Package
- Delete LOBs
- Create a Temporary LOB using the Package DBMS_LOB
- Overview of SecureFile LOBs
- Configure the Environment for SecureFile LOBs
- Store Documents using SecureFile LOBs
- Convert BasicFile LOBS to SecureFile LOBs
- Evaluate the Performance of SecureFile LOBs
- Establish Space Utilization of a LOB File
- Set up Encryption
- Enable Compression and Deduplication
- Understand the PL/SQLCompiler
- Influence the Compiler
- Tuning PL/SQL Programs
- The DBMS_UTILITY.GET_TIME Function
- Tuning SQL
- Reducing the Number of SQL Calls
- PL/SQL Tuning
- PL/SQL Native Compilation
- The Importance of the Shared Pool
- Library Cache
- The Data Dictionary Cache
- Pinning Code in the Shared Pool
- SQL and PL/SQL Caching
- PL/SQL Function Cache
- Use Data Dictionary Views to View Coding Information
- Use Supplied Packages to View Coding Information
- Use the DBMS_METADATA Package to View Metadata as XML
- Use the DBMS_METADATA Package to Create DDL that can be used to Re-create Objects
- Determine Identifier Types and Usages with PL/Scope
- Trace PL/SQL Program Execution
- Profile PL/SQL Applications
- Access the Trace Data
- Overview of SQL Injections
- Detecting Attacks
- Review of Dynamic SQL
- The Attack Surface
- Typical SQL Attacks
- Reduce Attack Surfaces
- Use the DBMS_ASSERT Package
- Design Immune Code
- Test Code for SQL Injection Flaws
All Oracle Foundation Skills training courses use the latest content, qualified and experienced trainers, and provide delegates with the best learning experience. Training is interactive and classroom-based, and the ability to ask questions reinforces knowledge acquisition during the class.
Maximum class sizes vary, but there is always adequate time for delegates to ask questions of the instructor.
Note: With non-credit card bookings you must sign and return a Booking Form before we can confirm your training.
Also note: If you are a private individual you must pay by credit card at the time of booking.
Note: Please allow 1 - 2 working days for your confirmation and invoice.
If you are coming to our centre, dress code is smart casual. The timetable is as follows:
Note: break times can vary according to the needs of the training, and course duration for smaller class sizes are usually shorter because fewer delegates have fewer questions !
With your Oracle Foundation Skills training course from Activia, you get a free workbook, so you can review and revise afterwards to reinforce your knowledge.
GET IN TOUCH
Call us on:
0333 6000 111
ORACLE® FOUNDATION PL SQL TRAINING COURSES
We can enhance your skills with training courses in Oracle® Foundation PL SQL at any of our twelve training centres UK wide, or we can come to your offices: if you have groups of three or more staff who need training, this is a very convenient, flexible and cost effective option. Moreover, most of our advanced oracle foundation courses are 1 day, which keeps "out of office" periods for attendees to a minimum.
We have been delivering oracle foundation pl sql training courses all over the UK since 1995 and have continually developed our philosophy of high quality, flexible and results-driven provision of courses for Oracle Foundation to ensure constantly improving standards of quality. So you can be confident that we have the expertise, and the experience, to give you a great return on your investment in Courses for Oracle® Foundation from Activia.
Why not contact us today to see how we can help with providing your training skills course in Oracle Foundation ?