The best solution for Prince2 Training CoursesA hands-on three-day course with free pre-course online skills testing
Full details of modules and topics covered in this three-day course
This is a three-day training course structured into 9 modules
This three-day accredited course provides delegates with a thorough grounding in PRINCE2 following the 2017 syllabus and helps them to prepare for the PRINCE2 Foundation examination which is taken at the end of the course.
The target audience for this course is Project Managers and aspiring Project Managers, and other key staff involved in the design, development and delivery of projects, including:
- Project board members (e.g. Senior Responsible Owners)
- Team managers (e.g. Product Delivery Managers)
- Project assurance (e.g. Business Change Analysts)
- Project support (e.g. Project and Programme Office personnel)
- Operational line managers/staff
FULLY ACCREDITED PRINCE2 TRAINING
PRINCE2 is a method for managing projects. It helps you work out who should be involved and what they will be responsible for. Our accredited PRINCE2 Foundation classroom course introduces you to PRINCE2, and helps prepare you for the Foundation examination, which assesses whether you can demonstrate sufficient recall and understanding of the PRINCE2 project management method.
This course conforms to the revised PRINCE2 2017 syllabus.
Delivered by skilled lecturers with extensive experience in the practical application of project management, the course includes examination coaching and practice using sample exam questions.
NOTE: The course content shows the subjects covered, though the order and format of their teaching may vary.
There is mandatory online pre-course work that must be under taken prior to attending this course. It is expected that it will take approximately six to eight hours to complete. You will be sent full instructions with a link to the online pre-course within 48 hours of your confirmed booking.
In addition, whilst attending the course there will also be some evening work in exam preparation.
By the end of the PRINCE2 2017 Foundation classroom course you should be able to:
- Understand key concepts relating to projects and PRINCE2 according to the 2017 syllabus
- Understand how the PRINCE2 principles underpin the PRINCE2 method
- Understand the PRINCE2 themes and how they are applied throughout the project
- Understand the PRINCE2 processes and how they are carried out throughout the project
Delegates will sit the PRINCE2® Foundation examination (a multiple choice paper) in the late afternoon of the third day of the course.
The exam fee is included in the course price.
- Background and Objectives
- Organisational structure
- Roles and responsibilities
- The project board
- The project manager
- Team management
- Project assurance
- Project support
- Supplier relationships
- Purpose and importance
- Types of plan
- Planning techniques
- Product based planning
- The steps in planning
- Work package authorisation
- Stage assessments
- Establishing project & stage tolerance
- Checkpoints, highlight reports
- Handling exception situations
- Project issues
- Project reporting
- Types of business and project risk
- Risk analysis and management
- The risk log
- Ensuring quality
- Quality planning
- Product descriptions
- Quality control and quality review
- Change control steps
- Authority levels
- Analysing the impact
- Configuration management
- Starting up and initiating a project
- Directing a project
- Managing stage boundaries
- Controlling a stage
- Managing product delivery
- Closing a project
- One-multiple choice (closed book) examination
- 75 questions - over 50% correct is required to pass
Don't see a date you want?
[Duration: five day]
- The Structure of PRINCE2
- Project Start Up and Organisation
- Project Control
- Risk Management
- Change Control and Configuration Management
- PRINCE2 Foundation examination
- PRINCE2 in practice
- PRINCE2 Practitioner examination
AVERAGE REVIEW: 5.0 out of 5 BASED ON 1 REVIEWS
All PRINCE2® Project Management training courses use the latest content, qualified and experienced trainers, and provide delegates with the best learning experience. Training is interactive and classroom-based, and the ability to ask questions reinforces knowledge acquisition during the class.
Maximum class sizes vary, but there is always adequate time for delegates to ask questions of the instructor.
Note: With non-credit card bookings you must sign and return a Booking Form before we can confirm your training.
Also note: If you are a private individual you must pay by credit card at the time of booking.
Note: Please allow 1 - 2 working days for your confirmation and invoice.
If you are coming to our centre, dress code is smart casual. The timetable is as follows:
Note: break times can vary according to the needs of the training, and course duration for smaller class sizes are usually shorter because fewer delegates have fewer questions !
With your PRINCE2® Project Management training course from Activia, you get a free workbook, so you can review and revise afterwards to reinforce your knowledge.