PRINCE2 TRAINING COURSES
Your place for PRINCE2 classesPRINCE2 Project Management Training, delivered UK-wide in 11 Activia training centres or at your offices
PRINCE2 is the de facto route to a qualification in project management in many industry sectors, organisations and (of course) the public sector.
We have courses running in key locations around the UK and can often accommodate bookings at just a few weeks' notice.
There is a requirement for pre-course reading, so it's always best to book your date as soon as possible. Take a look at the content, and get in touch so we can set the wheels in motion for your PRINCE2 certification.
Classroom training is proven to give the best learning experience and knowledge retention. You have the benefit of a relaxed but professional learning environment, an experienced trainer and the opportunity to ask questions, so you are 100% sure you understand all the course content.
And with our long history of training since 1995, along with our experienced trainers, you are sure to get the service and skills enhancement you need.
[Duration: five days]
- The Structure of PRINCE2
- Project Start Up and Organisation
- Project Control
- Risk Management
- Change Control and Configuration Management
- PRINCE2 Foundation examination
- PRINCE2 in practice
- PRINCE2 Practitioner examination
FOR OUR PRINCE2® PROJECT MANAGEMENT COURSES
The PRINCE2 (Projects in Controlled Environments) certification has been around since 1989, beginning as the UK Government standard for IT project management. Today PRINCE2 has been updated and expanded and it's now the most popular project management method in the UK. It is the standard in many UK Government departments, and it is also used worldwide by public and private corporations.
PRINCE2 is a highly effective process-based project management method. The focus is on high-level organisation, control, and management of projects based on seven key principles. Because PRINCE2 is a generic approach, it can be adapted to projects in just about any business environment.
The PRINCE2 system offers a set of core guiding principles for project management:
- Continued business justification -- A successful project must have a justified need that remains consistent throughout the timeline. If objectives or needs change, the justification also changes and the project must adapt.
- Learn from experience -- PRINCE2 emphasises that teams should always be learning from past project experiences.
- Defined roles and responsibilities -- Teams need a clear organisational structure. PRINCE2 focuses on identifying key roles and then finding the right person for the task.
- Manage by stages -- Projects are broken up into stages and controlled and monitored based on each stage.
- Manage by exception -- PRINCE2 methodology asks managers to define tolerances for each objective and delegate authority to carry out the objectives. In practical terms, this approach greatly reduces the need for weekly status meetings, because teams are allowed to function autonomously unless there is a problem.
- Focus on products -- PRINCE2 defines project outcomes in terms of deliverable products and focuses on creating those outcomes while meeting quality requirements.
- Tailor to suit the project environment -- PRINCE2 is adaptable to accommodate projects of varying size, complexity, and risk levels.