NEGOTIATION SKILLS ADVANCED
The best source of Advanced Negotiating Skills CoursesA hands-on one-day course with free pre-course online skills testing. Free bespoke course design is also available for private classes if the content needs to be adjusted
Full details of modules and topics covered in this one-day course
This is a one-day training course structured into 9 modules
This course teaches people an advanced set of principles that will help them obtain better results when negotiating. Whether having acquired negotiating skills by attending our basic level course, or through hard gained experience, this course will instruct on how specifically one can obtain better results, by showing how to place yourself in a strong bargaining position, and then leveraging that position.
This course is specifically designed for people with some experience in negotiating, and who are looking to improve upon the skills and experience that they already have by developing a structured approach to how they negotiate.
- Course Introduction
- The Payoff Question
- A Trial Statement
- Getting the other party to commit
- Joint Ventures - How the Solution Can Have Problems Too
- One Buyer vs Many Sellers/Suppliers
- One Seller/Supplier vs Many Buyers
- The Element of Competition
- Extra factors to consider in multi party negotiations
- Auction Options: Starting Low vs Starting High
- Controlling the Negotiation as a Supplier - When to Auction
- Controlling the Negotiation as a Buyer - When to Tender
- How to Assert Control
- The Concept of Control
- Are You Negotiating Up or Down the Supply Chain?
- A Brief Explanation of the Supply Chain
- What Does Summarising Do for Both Parties?
- How to use Summarising to Swing the Vote
- Recognising the Underlying Emotional Resistance
- When A Has to Do Something Before B
- When your Arguments are an Obstruction to Settlement
- When to Concede and When to Walk Away
- Finding the Positives From the Other Side
- How Fear Can Make or Break the Deal
- Dispute Resolution
- Prohibited Contract
- Period Review
Don't see a date you want?
[Duration: one day]
- Introduction and Course Overview
- The Process of Negotiation
- Possible Outcomes from Negotiations
- Working Towards Win-Win Solutions
- Negotiating Is Not Compromising
- Who Has Got the Power?
- Reading the Styles of Negotiators
- The Successful Negotiator
- Mistakes to Avoid When Negotiating
- Your Personal Action Plan
AVERAGE REVIEW: 4.0 out of 5 BASED ON 8 REVIEWS
All Activia advanced negotiating skills courses have been created, reviewed and developed to ensure up to date provision and constantly improving standards of content. Our Negotiation Skills training is interactive and classroom-based which maximises learning through the ability to ask questions and discuss specific issues.
Maximum class size for Negotiation Skills courses is 10 delegates, which ensures that attendees get adequate time for personal attention from the instructor. At some of our centres, the maximum class size is 12 delegates.
Note that we never cancel our scheduled classes -- even if there are only one or two delegates -- so once you have booked, your place is assured.
For training at your offices, we can deliver classes of up to 15 delegates, though with bigger class sizes you must understand that there is less time for questions from delegates, and this may affect the quality of their experience.
Note: With non-credit card bookings you must sign and return a Booking Form before we can confirm your training.
Also note: If you are a private individual you must pay by credit card at the time of booking.
Note: Please allow 1 - 2 working days for your confirmation and invoice.
If you are coming to our centre, dress code is smart casual. Refreshments in the form of tea/coffee will be provided for morning and afternoon breaks, but please note that we do not provide lunch. The timetable is as follows:
Note: break times can vary according to the needs of the training, and course duration for smaller class sizes are usually shorter because fewer delegates have fewer questions !
For training at your offices, this itinerary can be varied by prior arrangement.
With your Negotiation Skills training course from Activia, you get a free workbook, so you can review and revise afterwards to reinforce your knowledge.
Every delegate on a Negotiation Skills course also gets an Activia Training Attendance Certificate.