Click to view prices and options,
and book or buy your training
Need to know more? We're happy to help
Click for more about
- Training businesses & people since 1995
- Quality assured with ISO9001, ILM
and CPD accreditation
- Fiercely competitive pricing
- Small class sizes
- Friendly, attentive staff for flexible,
- Classes are never cancelled
Click for more information on
NEGOTIATION SKILLS BASICS
The best solution for Negotiation Skills Training CoursesA hands-on one-day course with free pre-course online skills testing. Free bespoke course design is also available for private classes if the content needs to be adjusted
Full details of modules and topics covered in this one-day course
This is a one-day training course structured into 10 modules
This intensive one-day course teaches the basics of negotiation, looking to provide delegates with a fundamental understanding of the negotiation process, so they can enter negotiations with an idea of what to expect. This will in turn allow them to start negotiating having planned sufficiently, knowing what they would like to achieve, and what fundamental mistakes they should be avoiding. They will then be confident that they can produce good outcomes.
Anyone, whether in a sales, purchasing or management role who needs to negotiate with others in order to achieve results. They may not have negotiated before in any official position, or received any previous instruction, and will want to go into future negotiations with defined expectations, understanding and plan.
- Walking Away or Postponing Till Later
- Implementing the Resolved Agreement
- Obtaining Agreement and Gaining Commitment
- Negotiating for a Mutually Beneficial (Win-Win) Outcome
- Clarification of Goals
- The Seven Stages of Negotiation
- When to Walk Away
- Reaching a Win-Win Conclusion
- Reaching a Win-Lose Conclusion
- Reaching a Lose-Win Conclusion
- Reaching a Lose-Lose Conclusion
- Making the Opposing Team Feel They Have Gained a Victory
- Thinking that "Solving Their Problem is Their Problem"
- The Assumptions of a Fixed Pie
- Avoiding Premature Judgment
- Zero Sum and Non Zero Sum Games
- Broadening Your Options
- Compromising Versus Negotiating
- Avoiding Compromising
- The Factors That Contribute To Power in a Negotiation
- Who Has the Most Information?
- Who Has Other or More Alternatives?
- The Danger of Appearing Desperate
- Sticking To Your Guns - Walking Away When You Should
- Negotiating Within a Team : Exercises
- Soft Negotiating: Recognising and Using It
- Hard Negotiating: Recognising and Using It
- Other Negotiating Styles: What Works Where?
- Review of Individual Negotiation Styles
- Thinking that "Solving Their Problem is Their Problem"
- Characteristics of the Successful Negotiator - and How to Become One
- A Multi-Dimensional Array of Interpersonal Skills
- Inventory of Negotiation Skills
- Not Showing the Other Side How Their Needs Are Met
- Not Asking For What You Want
- Sounding Desperate
- Talking Too Much
- Giving a Concession Without Getting Something In Return
- Focusing on the Wrong Things
- Giving Away Information
- Not Preparing Thoroughly
Negotiation Skills Advanced
[Duration: one day]
- Introduction and Course Overview
- The Power of IF ...
- Problems with Multiple Party Negotiations
- Bargaining and Positioning to Advantage
- Making Summarising an Art
- Breaking Deadlocks
- Dealing With The NOs
- Controlling the Paperwork: Clauses That Benefit Both Parties
- Your Personal Action Plan
AVERAGE REVIEW: 4.4 out of 5 BASED ON 71 REVIEWS
"Very knowledgeable trainer and helped apply principles to own work environment"
Sarah Lilford, Feb 14 2018
"Vivienne the trainer was excellent and had a wealth of experience to share this added a great amount of value to the course."
Declan Culliney , Nov 28 2017
"Terry was amazing, an absolute ledge! "
Clare-Anne Fielding, Nov 15 2017
"Maria managed to tailor the course to our needs and using real life examples has highlighted ways in which we can implement the skills learnt in our daily home / work environment. A really enjoyable course."
Sarah Moore, Sep 27 2017
"Wayne was really helpful and taught me some things I can really see using at work so it's nice it was actually relevant, in fact I have already used one thing which is ideal. "
Nicola Betts, Jul 26 2017
"Very interactive with lots of role play and having to think on your feet. The trainer (Terry) was great, very personable, he had interesting examples from his own career, very good presenter, and he kept it light and entertaining throughout. There was no projector in the room, only a flip board, which felt odd at first, but it was great not to be taught off a screen."
Anita Dohil, Apr 19 2017
Derren Jones, Apr 18 2017
"Trainer was very helpful and engaging, also helped to keep the course interesting."
Caroline Willis, Apr 12 2017
"Terry is a very enthusiastic teacher and makes the training very interactive."
Sue Nightingale, Mar 21 2017
"I was impressed with the trainer and how he was able to adapt the training for two people, as there was only my colleague and I who attended the course."
Greg Swarbrick, Feb 21 2017
"Victoria was a great trainer, highly recommended"
Verity Perkins, Jan 18 2017
"very good trainer"
Ben Dixey, Jan 4 2017
"Enjoyable training session. Trainer was very accommodating to my specific needs. "
Lee Pullen, Dec 19 2016
Nick Tudor , Dec 5 2016
"My trainer Anthony was fantastic, he showed great enthusiasm and patience with me and really helped apply the training to my needs. Very well done."
All Activia negotiation skills training courses have been created, reviewed and developed to ensure up to date provision and constantly improving standards of content. Our Sales training is interactive and classroom-based which maximises learning through the ability to ask questions and discuss specific issues.
Maximum class size for Sales courses is 10 delegates, which ensures that attendees get adequate time for personal attention from the instructor. At some of our centres, the maximum class size is 12 delegates.
Note that we never cancel our scheduled classes -- even if there are only one or two delegates -- so once you have booked, your place is assured.
For training at your offices, we can deliver classes of up to 15 delegates, though with bigger class sizes you must understand that there is less time for questions from delegates, and this may affect the quality of their experience.
Note: With non-credit card bookings you must sign and return a Booking Form before we can confirm your training.
Also note: If you are a private individual you must pay by credit card at the time of booking.
Note: Please allow 1 - 2 working days for your confirmation and invoice.
If you are coming to our centre, dress code is smart casual. Refreshments in the form of tea/coffee will be provided for morning and afternoon breaks, but please note that we do not provide lunch. The timetable is as follows:
Note: break times can vary according to the needs of the training, and course duration for smaller class sizes are usually shorter because fewer delegates have fewer questions !
For training at your offices, this itenerary can be varied by prior arrangement.
With your Sales training course from Activia, you get a free workbook, so you can review and revise afterwards to reinforce your knowledge.
Every delegate on a Sales course also gets an Activia Training Attendance Certificate.
NEGOTIATION SKILLS BASICS
We can enhance your skills with courses for effective negotiation at any of our twelve training centres UK wide, or we can come to your offices: if you have groups of three or more staff who need training, this is a very convenient, flexible and cost effective option. Moreover, most of our negotiation skills courses are 1 day, which keeps "out of office" periods for attendees to a minimum.
We have been delivering negotiation skills basics all over the UK since 1995 and have continually developed our philosophy of high quality, flexible and results-driven provision of training courses for skills in negotiation to ensure constantly improving standards of quality. So you can be confident that we have the expertise, and the experience, to give you a great return on your investment in Training Courses for Skills in Negotiation from Activia.
Why not contact us today to see how we can help with providing your courses for better negotiating ?