SALES MANAGEMENT: STAFF DEVELOPMENT
The best solution for Sales Management Training CoursesA hands-on one-day course with free pre-course online skills testing
Full details of modules and topics covered in this one-day course
This is a one-day training course structured into 8 modules
Just a small improvement in the effectiveness of sales staff can have a significant effect on the sales, margins and overall profitability of any business.
It is the primary responsibility of the sales manager or supervisor to make this happen, and this intensive one-day course is intended to help managers to improve the performance of their teams.
Anyone who is involved with managing sales people who wants to acquire knowledge in a structured manner that will assist the development of staff and teams in the shortest possible time.
By the end of this workshop, delegates will be able to:
- Describe what a successful sales team looks like and the characteristics of an effective sales manager
- Efficiently recruit high performing sales professionals into their teams
- Set clear, achievable expectations for their direct reports to inspire their team to succeed
- Build trust and strong relationships with their colleagues
- Coach and mentor their staff to develop a winning team
- Understand the process of skilfully motivating and leading a team of energetic individuals
- Run stimulating sales meetings that produce tangible results and push staff to want to do well
- What do Successful Sales Teams Look Like?
- Your Team
- Effective Sales Managers
- The Job Expectations
- The Selection Process
- The Induction Process
- Leading by Example
- Setting Short Term and Long Term Goals
- Building Trust in Your Leadership
- How to Get People on Your Side
- Effective Leaders
- Coaching vs Training
- The Coaching Process
- Inspect What You Expect
- The Importance of Challenges
- Herzbergs’ Theory of Motivation
- What Can You Do To Motivate Your Team?
- Steps to Prepare for a Sales Meeting
- Guidelines for an Effective Sales Meeting
- Actions to Clarify Goals in Meetings
All Activia sales management training courses have been created, reviewed and developed to ensure up to date provision and constantly improving standards of content. Our Sales Management training is interactive and classroom-based which maximises learning through the ability to ask questions and discuss specific issues.
Maximum class size for Sales Management courses is 10 delegates, which ensures that attendees get adequate time for personal attention from the instructor. At some of our centres, the maximum class size is 12 delegates.
Note that we never cancel our scheduled classes -- even if there are only one or two delegates -- so once you have booked, your place is assured.
For training at your offices, we can deliver classes of up to 15 delegates, though with bigger class sizes you must understand that there is less time for questions from delegates, and this may affect the quality of their experience.
Note: With non-credit card bookings you must sign and return a Booking Form before we can confirm your training.
Also note: If you are a private individual you must pay by credit card at the time of booking.
Note: Please allow 1 - 2 working days for your confirmation and invoice.
If you are coming to our centre, dress code is smart casual. Refreshments in the form of tea/coffee will be provided for morning and afternoon breaks, but please note that we do not provide lunch. The timetable is as follows:
Note: break times can vary according to the needs of the training, and course duration for smaller class sizes are usually shorter because fewer delegates have fewer questions !
For training at your offices, this itinerary can be varied by prior arrangement.
With your Sales Management training course from Activia, you get a free workbook, so you can review and revise afterwards to reinforce your knowledge.
Every delegate on a Sales Management course also gets an Activia Training Attendance Certificate.