ASSERTIVENESS BASICS (HALF DAY)
The best solution for Assertiveness CoursesA hands-on half-day course with free pre-course online skills testing
Full details of modules and topics covered in this half-day course
This is a half-day training course structured into 7 modules
This intensive half-day workshop has been designed to give delegates the appropriate tools to assert themselves in a wide range of situations at work.
Anyone who wants to develop more productive working relationships with colleagues, managers/staff and clients, in a positive way that makes life easier for everybody.
INTENSIVE HALF-DAY WORKSHOP FOR ASSERTIVENESS
This fast-track workshop is specially constructed to provide delegates with the most effective skills in the shortest possible time.
- Passive (Submissive) Behaviour
- Aggressive Behaviour
- Passive-Aggressive Behaviour
- Assertive Behaviour
- How Important is Body Language ?
- The Nature of Assertive Body Language
- Demonstrating Assertive Body Language
- Guidelines for Assertive Words
- The Three Step Approach
- Exercises in Applying the Three Step Approach
- Broken Record
- Positive and Negative Enquiry
- Asking for More Time
- Explaining the Consequences
- The Power of Silence
- "What If"
- "What do You Think?"
- "What Would You Do in My Shoes?"
- How to Say "No": Refusing Requests
- Tips for Refusing Requests Assertively
- Making Requests
- Tips for Making Requests Assertively
- Applying Assertiveness to Your Own Situation
[Duration: one day]
- Introduction and Course Overview
- Good and Bad Behaviour Types
- Recognising and Dealing with Bad Behaviour
- Assertiveness and You - An Honest Look at Yourself
- Your Inner Voice: Being More Confident
- Assertive Body Language
- Three Steps to Being Assertive
- Proven Assertiveness Techniques
- Putting Assertiveness into Action
- Your Personal Action Plan
AVERAGE REVIEW: 4.8 out of 5 BASED ON 7 REVIEWS
All Activia assertiveness courses have been created, reviewed and developed to ensure up to date provision and constantly improving standards of content. Our Assertiveness training is interactive and classroom-based which maximises learning through the ability to ask questions and discuss specific issues.
For training at your offices, we can deliver classes of up to 15 delegates, though with bigger class sizes you must understand that there is less time for questions from delegates, and this may affect the quality of their experience.
Note: With non-credit card bookings you must sign and return a Booking Form before we can confirm your training.
Also note: If you are a private individual you must pay by credit card at the time of booking.
Note: Please allow 1 - 2 working days for your confirmation and invoice.
If you are coming to our centre, dress code is smart casual. Refreshments in the form of tea/coffee will be provided for morning and afternoon breaks, but please note that we do not provide lunch. The timetable is as follows:
Note: break times can vary according to the needs of the training, and course duration for smaller class sizes are usually shorter because fewer delegates have fewer questions !
For training at your offices, this itinerary can be varied by prior arrangement.
With your Assertiveness training course from Activia, you get a free workbook, so you can review and revise afterwards to reinforce your knowledge.
Every delegate on a Assertiveness course also gets an Activia Training Attendance Certificate.