COMPUTER BASICS (WIN. XP) - LEVEL 1
The best solution for Business TrainingA hands-on half-day course with free pre-course online skills testing
Full details of modules and topics covered in this half-day course
This is a half-day training course structured into 2 modules
- Basic Terms
- What is a Computer?
- What is Hardware?
- What is Software?
- What are Peripheral Devices?
- What is Meant by Information Technology?
- Types of Computers
- What is a Personal Computer?
- Mainframe Computers
- What is a Network Computer?
- What is a Laptop?
- What is a PDA?
- Operating Systems and Applications
- What Does an Operating System Do?
- What are Some Common Operating Systems?
- What Does a Software Application Do?
- What Are Some Common Applications?
- Using your Peripherals
- How to Use Your Mouse
- How to Use Your Keyboard
- Switching On and Logging In
- Troubleshooting when Booting your PC
- Using your desktop
- Right-Clicking with your Mouse
- Understanding your Desktop Layout
- Understanding your Start Menu
- Using the Taskbar
- Switching between Windows Using the Taskbar
- Advanced Taskbar Properties
- Moving the Taskbar
- Resizing the Taskbar
- Adjusting Features and Logging Off
- Changing the Date and Time
- Adjusting the Sound Level
- Restarting, Shutting Down, Logging Off, and Switching Users
- Creating and Deleting Shortcuts
- Show the Desktop
All Activia business training has been created, reviewed and developed to ensure up to date provision and constantly improving standards of content. Our training is interactive and classroom-based which maximises learning through the ability to ask questions and discuss specific issues.
Maximum class size for courses is 6 delegates, which ensures that attendees get adequate time for personal attention from the instructor.
Note that we never cancel our scheduled classes -- even if there are only one or two delegates -- so once you have booked, your place is assured.
For training at your offices, we can deliver classes of up to 8 delegates, though with bigger class sizes you must understand that there is less time for questions from delegates, and this may affect the quality of their experience.
Note: With non-credit card bookings you must sign and return a Booking Form before we can confirm your training.
Also note: If you are a private individual you must pay by credit card at the time of booking.
Note: Please allow 1 - 2 working days for your confirmation and invoice.
If you are coming to our centre, dress code is smart casual. Refreshments in the form of tea/coffee will be provided for morning and afternoon breaks, but please note that we do not provide lunch. The timetable is as follows:
Note: break times can vary according to the needs of the training, and course duration for smaller class sizes are usually shorter because fewer delegates have fewer questions !
For training at your offices, this itinerary can be varied by prior arrangement.
With your training course from Activia, you get a free workbook, so you can review and revise afterwards to reinforce your knowledge.
Every delegate on a course also gets an Activia Training Attendance Certificate.