COMPUTER BASICS (WIN. XP) - LEVEL 2
The best solution for Business TrainingA hands-on half-day course with free pre-course online skills testing
Full details of modules and topics covered in this half-day course
This is a half-day training course structured into 2 modules
- Understanding the Layout of a Window
- Opening and Closing a Window
- Minimise, Maximise, and Restore
- Tiling and Cascading Windows
- Moving, Sizing and Switching Between Windows
- Files and Folders
- Creating a New Folder
- Renaming a Folder
- Opening a Folder or File
- Moving Files using Drag and Drop
- Deleting a Folder or File
- Copying, Cutting, and Pasting a File or Folder
- Copying a File or Folder
- Cutting a File or Folder
- Pasting a File or Folder
- Copy to Folder or Move to Folder
- Selecting Multiple Files and Folders
- Dragging and Dropping a File or Folder
- Using My Computer to Browse Files and Folders
- The Recycle Bin
- Emptying the Recycle Bin
- Restoring a File or Folder from the Recycle Bin
- My Computer vs. Windows Explorer
- Customising Windows XP
- Customising the Taskbar and Start Menu
- Quick Launch Bar and Other Toolbars
- Using Windows Explorer Menus
- The Help and Support Feature
- Opening and Navigating Help and Support
- Understanding the Layout of Help and Support
- Setting Search Options
- The Search Companion
- Using the Search Companion
- Changing Search Companion Preferences
- Wildcard Searches
- The Accessories Menu
- Accessories Menu Programs
- Accessibilities Sub-Menu
- Communications Sub-Menu
- Entertainment Sub-Menu
- System Tools Sub-Menu
Computer Basics (Win. XP) - Level 1
[Duration: half day]
- General Concepts
- Introduction to Using Windows XP
All Activia business training has been created, reviewed and developed to ensure up to date provision and constantly improving standards of content. Our training is interactive and classroom-based which maximises learning through the ability to ask questions and discuss specific issues.
Maximum class size for courses is 6 delegates, which ensures that attendees get adequate time for personal attention from the instructor.
Note that we never cancel our scheduled classes -- even if there are only one or two delegates -- so once you have booked, your place is assured.
For training at your offices, we can deliver classes of up to 8 delegates, though with bigger class sizes you must understand that there is less time for questions from delegates, and this may affect the quality of their experience.
Note: With non-credit card bookings you must sign and return a Booking Form before we can confirm your training.
Also note: If you are a private individual you must pay by credit card at the time of booking.
Note: Please allow 1 - 2 working days for your confirmation and invoice.
If you are coming to our centre, dress code is smart casual. Refreshments in the form of tea/coffee will be provided for morning and afternoon breaks, but please note that we do not provide lunch. The timetable is as follows:
Note: break times can vary according to the needs of the training, and course duration for smaller class sizes are usually shorter because fewer delegates have fewer questions !
For training at your offices, this itenerary can be varied by prior arrangement.
With your training course from Activia, you get a free workbook, so you can review and revise afterwards to reinforce your knowledge.
Every delegate on a course also gets an Activia Training Attendance Certificate.
COMPUTER BASICS (WIN. XP) - LEVEL 2
We can enhance your skills with courses for business at any of our twelve training centres UK wide, or we can come to your offices.
We have been delivering computer basics (win. xp) - level 2 since 1995, on the basis of high quality, flexible and results-driven training for business. So you can be confident that we have the expertise, and the experience, to give you great Training for Business from Activia.
Why not contact us today to see how we can help with providing your more software and IT productivity ?