COMPUTER BASICS (WIN. XP) - LEVEL 2
The best source of Business TrainingA hands-on half-day course with free pre-course online skills testing
Full details of modules and topics covered in this half-day course
This is a half-day training course structured into 2 modules
- Understanding the Layout of a Window
- Opening and Closing a Window
- Minimise, Maximise, and Restore
- Tiling and Cascading Windows
- Moving, Sizing and Switching Between Windows
- Files and Folders
- Creating a New Folder
- Renaming a Folder
- Opening a Folder or File
- Moving Files using Drag and Drop
- Deleting a Folder or File
- Copying, Cutting, and Pasting a File or Folder
- Copying a File or Folder
- Cutting a File or Folder
- Pasting a File or Folder
- Copy to Folder or Move to Folder
- Selecting Multiple Files and Folders
- Dragging and Dropping a File or Folder
- Using My Computer to Browse Files and Folders
- The Recycle Bin
- Emptying the Recycle Bin
- Restoring a File or Folder from the Recycle Bin
- My Computer vs. Windows Explorer
- Customising Windows XP
- Customising the Taskbar and Start Menu
- Quick Launch Bar and Other Toolbars
- Using Windows Explorer Menus
- The Help and Support Feature
- Opening and Navigating Help and Support
- Understanding the Layout of Help and Support
- Setting Search Options
- The Search Companion
- Using the Search Companion
- Changing Search Companion Preferences
- Wildcard Searches
- The Accessories Menu
- Accessories Menu Programs
- Accessibilities Sub-Menu
- Communications Sub-Menu
- Entertainment Sub-Menu
- System Tools Sub-Menu
All Activia business training has been created, reviewed and developed to ensure up to date provision and constantly improving standards of content. Our training is interactive and classroom-based which maximises learning through the ability to ask questions and discuss specific issues.
Maximum class size for courses is 6 delegates, which ensures that attendees get adequate time for personal attention from the instructor.
Note that we never cancel our scheduled classes -- even if there are only one or two delegates -- so once you have booked, your place is assured.
For training at your offices, we can deliver classes of up to 8 delegates, though with bigger class sizes you must understand that there is less time for questions from delegates, and this may affect the quality of their experience.
Note: With non-credit card bookings you must sign and return a Booking Form before we can confirm your training.
Also note: If you are a private individual you must pay by credit card at the time of booking.
Note: Please allow 1 - 2 working days for your confirmation and invoice.
If you are coming to our centre, dress code is smart casual. Refreshments in the form of tea/coffee will be provided for morning and afternoon breaks, but please note that we do not provide lunch. The timetable is as follows:
Note: break times can vary according to the needs of the training, and course duration for smaller class sizes are usually shorter because fewer delegates have fewer questions !
For training at your offices, this itinerary can be varied by prior arrangement.
With your training course from Activia, you get a free workbook, so you can review and revise afterwards to reinforce your knowledge.
Every delegate on a course also gets an Activia Training Attendance Certificate.